I also have a little race on Sunday. Except that the race might not happen.
"Currently the race is planned to go on. However we are watching the weather carefully and we estimate that it is a 10% chance the race will be held. and a 90% likelyhood it will be cancelled.
We will post the final decision as early as possible - Our goal is to post the decision by mid-day Friday, but reserve the right to hold off until Sunday 5AM in case the weather forecast changes. (very low probability of that)".
I've tapered this week and ran only 30 miles thus far, mostly easy. The snow is supposed to hit on Saturday afternoon so I should be able to have a Fresh Pond race on Saturday morning! In 2 weeks I am scheduled to run another HM, so all is well really. And truth be told, I needed a bit of a break:) I scheduled a massage tomorrow in hope of getting some relief for the back, but I know that back pain is something that kinda takes its time. I've been here before:)
In other news, vacation week is almost over for my son and my husband. Lots of adventures for them and a bit of jealousy on my part, ha! Chris and I got to enjoy a nice dinner out and some blue grass music last night. I may or may not have had my phone confiscated while I was checking emails under the table during sets:) Chris's drumming band is playing a "real gig" on March 1st and am so excited to go hear him play. So proud of him for picking up drumming a year ago, sticking to it and having a ton of fun in the process. Plus, as much as I love him, I also love a Thursday night all alone in the house. As much as I love racing, I think I am ready for another "high", particularly as I approach 40 and my body is starting to screech! We shall see what will come to me! Trail running seems very very attractive! Raina, if only you lived closer:)